Pages

Friday 27 January 2012

My alphabet book on Utales!

Utales is a fantastic site and app that lets illustrators easily make ebooks to be viewed on ipads etc as well as browsers. I put my 'Klyde's animal alphabet' book on there a while ago and completely forgot about it, however I got an email yesterday saying that a few changes need to be make and then the book can get published on the site.
I had a look at the feedback given (from the editing team on the site) and I changed the font size and made a few other tweaks as what was suggested. Responding on the feedback has made the book look so much better, more professional and ultimately more fun to read!
After the changes the book was published on the site and is now ready to buy and download!!!
And a good thing about Utales, is that a portion of the profits make go to a great charity 'Pencils of Promise' which helps build schools in lesser developed countries! What could be better? Great children's books and a helping hand to those in need!

Here's a link to my book. A preview of the first 8 pages is available to see the changes I've made.
Ebooks for kids - Klyde's Animal Alphabet - uTales

Some of the feedback was really confidence boosting!
Here's a taste...

"Hi Toby, I'm sorry but we decided to unpublish the book again. We received many complaints that the font was too small, and I also urge you to have another look at the feedback you recieved earlier for how the book can be improved.
Our main editor truly believes there is more potential for this one to be a big hit, so if you would consider making changes - that would be fantastic!
/Nils (founder)"
"I like the clean lines and consistency of the stylized illustrations, and the characters are engaging."
"Adorable illustrations and very fun to read..kids will love this!"

No comments:

Post a Comment