Pages

Monday 21 February 2011

Things I does...

I've never worked in a proper sense, and always thought id never done anything beneficial or good with my art or whatever. But thinking about it, I do quite a few things that could be considered as experience or go towards aiding my future.
They are as follows-

Do ALOT of personal artwork-
Constantly illustrating and producing artwork to further expand on skills and develop my style. I illustrate my own ideas and concept aswell as producing 'fanart', based upon books, games and film that inspire me. The later opening me up to different styles as well as refining mine by looking deeper into stylization etc.

Produce artwork for other people-
I work alongside indie game designers to produce artwork for use in their games, 'clients' have approached me for use in RPG Maker games, iphone games as well as general use. [for 'Zesty Monsters' my collection of monster graphics for free use in whatever.] I also produce minor request work [free commissions basically] for fanart or other works of art.
I will be expanding my 'uses' into general game art for the Indie Game community soon, producing concept work for Visual Novels, and title screens etc/character art for other games.

Work[ed] alongside other artists-
I used to work with a small group on DeviantART, creating an animation entitled 'Zakuro Sketch.' http://zakurosketch.deviantart.com/ I had to pull out due to college work and my skills weren't as developed in terms of working as a background artist.
Id love to rework on this project as it was a good opportunity to work with fellow artists,  and build up relations.
I also work alongside others on the Indie Game scene.

Work out achievable art projects for primary school pupils-
I help my mum with working out achievable art projects for he pupil to produce at the school she works at. I come up with ideas for art, and produce mock-ups to help give the children a sense that the work is achievable and to provide inspirations for them.
At the moment I dont have time to aid my mum with teaching the pupils or working with them on the projects, but its something i may look into. Providing a little experience of teaching in an art field.

These things may not stand up to physical work, and it is all free work. But it does give me experience of working with unprofessional clients [which can sometimes be very hard to work with], and it goes towards developing my skills as an illustrator and what i want to do with my future.
=D

No comments:

Post a Comment