Pages

Thursday 10 March 2011

Talking on ze train

I sat next to a lovely little old lady on the train earlier today. It was great to speak to someone on the train for a change, and she was incredibly friendly and had lots of stories to tell of her life and those of her children.
Her son had done a 2 year internship with Disney over in America, and now works as an illustrator in Leicester. He daughter is trained as a PA, but went for a random job in London and now works with people in the field of Horse Shows and Dressage etc, and travels all over the world.
Her other son plays rugby for the Cornish All Blacks after working as something completely unrelated for a long while before.
She said to grap things when they come up, and take life by the horns. When something crops up you never know what it will lead to so go for it! I was saying that I used to be set on becoming a teacher and yet now im not so sure, but she said that I would make a great teacher from the way I was chatting away happily to her. But then she said not to worry to much about where i want to be in the future, I should be open to new ideas and see where life takes me!
She wished me all the luck for the future and whatever I may be doing, and I left to get off the train.
The chat really helped to boost my confidence, not only from actually talking to a random stranger but also my confidence in where i want to go and what I want to be in the future.
Bless the little old lady, I hope I made her day as much as she made mine! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment