Pages

Tuesday 20 September 2011

First self published Book!

Over the summer I also worked on a little children's book that I was going to self publish as a little insight into how book making works and thing like that.
I came up with the idea of making an alphabet book using my character Klyde..
It took me 3 days of solid work but I made 28 full colour illustrations and a front/back cover and all the other stuff needed for the book.  I wrote it myself too, which was a challenge as I don't think im very good with writing an engaging story.. although alphabet books don't have to have much of a story.
Here are a few sneak peaks at some of the illustrations in the book.
There not too fantastic as I did them all in a short space of time, but it was mostly an experiment anyway!
 


It was then made up and printed by lulu.com, which is a great little place to self publish providing you can put in the work to put the book together and then just upload it as a .pdf file.
I can also sell my books on the Lulu site if they come out okay. So it could make me a little bit of money and get my work out there...
The books came and they look fantastic! Im so pleased! 



This has been a great little thing to do, and a great practice into what I want to do in the future!
Id love to create and illustrate for books like this as a job... =D

No comments:

Post a Comment