Pages

Tuesday 20 September 2011

Illustration Friday

Over the summer, I started doing 'Illustration Friday'.
Its a great platform to get your work noticed and also pushes me to create work based on themes I wouldn't usually work on. Theres a great community of Illustrators on there that can give great advice or show their appreciation. 
Ive learned alot from doing it every week and it has also been a great deal of fun! I think that by doing it, my illustration work has improved alot. 

Here are a few examples...

Mesmerizing-
I'm really impressed with this one. The composition looks good and the colours seem to work really nicely. I pushed myself to draw more realistic characters and a more realistic setting and it really payed off.
To me, my digital work has improved alot in terms or cleanliness and its overall impact.



Mysterious-
This was an experiment into making a storybook style illustration, using a character Id made up for use in Comics and Storybooks that I aim to produce during my second year. I think It came out really well and good easily be straight out of a storybook. 
Like it said before, my digital work is becoming much more refined and dynamic.


Imperfect-
My Illustration Friday debut. Which was received extremely well, considering I didn't take too much care over the piece in terms of execution. 
I based alot of my IF's on constructing a character from the prompt, so in this case I created and imperfect mouldy onion character. 
This was a great idea as it pushed my character design skills which to me is the most fun part of illustration... creating the characters to play around with.

It was featured in 'Friday Favourties' on this blog-
http://hello7arts.com/blog/2011/08/friday-favorites-imperfect/


No comments:

Post a Comment