Pages

Tuesday 20 September 2011

Plymouth Music Accord Live Brief

At the end of my first year, I took on the live brief to create a new logo for 'Plymouth Music Accord'. I had to work on a new design for their logo then come up with a refined one and pass them onto Mel who would meet with the judges and choose a winning design from the other entries.
Excitedly, my design was chosen! This was great, as it was my first opportunity to work on a live brief and actually work for/with other people. 
My original logo design was this-
However there were a few adjustments to be made. The little people had to go, and there needed to be a few alterations to the text underneath, aswell as it being black and white.
I made these amendments and met with 4 of the team from 'Plymouth Music Accord' to see what they thought and make any more adjustments if needed. 
This was a bit scary as Id never really met with clients before and Im quite a shy person. But Mel assured me and went with me to meet them. They were really lovely people and were so pleased to have me onboard and creating a new logo for them!


I edited the logo some more and came up with this- 
It went down really well but after some more corresponding with Sylvia there were a few more

things to be changed, such as the thickness of the notes.
This correspondence continued for a while with lots of new ideas being thrown in on how to make the logo looks its best. 
Many different designs were sent to and from and the logo ended up looking quite different, in order to satisfy all the members of the group.
A new font was decided upon, and we changed the notes to more traditional ones, so in the end it looked rather different, but definitely suited the charity well.

Here is how the finished logo looks!
Im really pleased with how it came out, and although it went through many changes and the correspondence went on for weeks, it gave me a great insight into how working with clients is, and how they obviously want to get the best outcome they can. 

It was a really valuable experience and boosted my confidence alot!
It got me used to meeting and talking to people I dont know, and even talking to people on the phone- Something I used to shy upon. 

After it had all been settled, i went to see one of the members who wanted to personally thank me for the work and have my picture taken with her and the logo for the Plymouth Herald. 
It was lovely that she wanted to thank me personally and I had a lovely time chatting and having coffee while we waited for the photographer. 
You can see the logo on their site- http://www.plymouthmusicaccord.co.uk/

I owe alot to Mel for asking me to do this, and helping me throughout. Its definately helped to boost my confidence in my work aswell as personally, and given me a great insight into the creative working world.
Oh, and it was paid.. which is always nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment