Pages

Sunday 13 March 2011

Lets Reflect..

Mel sent some questions before Reading Week for us to think about and put on our blogs. 


How am I progressing? 
I think in terms of the course in progressing well. I have achieved grades of 70% or over in my first two projects and am hoping to work towards a similar grade in the print process module we're currently doing. I feel I have learnt alot since starting in September and have broadened my range of experimentation and knowledge in the field of illustration greatly.
Contextual lectures and seminars have really helped me to explore the world through illustrations, drawing in ideas i'd not previously thought to be connected. I remember in the first tutorial, I was a little mythed at the subjects we were covering the in the lectures, but now I see them as little eye openers into a way of thinking more critically about the world of illustration and art.
Ive opened up to alot more ways of working, and even elements such as print making that i initial wasn't looking forward to, seem more exciting and I could see myself using them more in my everyday work.

Personally, I have progressed more then I ever would have thought. For example, I started this course in September, only being on a train 3 times before and the thought of doing it every day was terrifying! My confidence has grown tenfold, I even found it hard to even buy things in shops last year, but now from being more independent Its not a problem.
The course [and support from lecturers and friends] has helped me to become more confidant with who I am by subtly pushing me out of my comfort zones work wise and socially, making it easier to work with other people and not be so frightened of little things.


What am I looking forward to?   

Like I said before, the idea of using the techniques and processes ive learned in my everyday work is very exciting and I guess that is something to look forward to both inside and outside of the course.  Finding that I can create lino prints at home has given me many ideas for personal work and college work, and having learnt to use the laser cuter has really fired me up with all the possibilities.
One apsect of the course im looking forward to is the toy making. We have already started it and are doing design work at the moment, but I cant wait to get stuck and and start creating molds and eventually, actual resin toys. Ive always thought of things like that to be outside of my grasp, and something that only proper toy people do but no thats not the case. Obviously my outcomes arent going to be amazing or the quality of proper toys, but they'll be a start that may lead onto bigger and better things in my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment